01 February 2007

Whew!

I got home from work to find Josie had done just fine in her crate. Her blankets were dry, she was quiet when we got home and didn't seem stressed out at all. What a relief! I had to teach two Agility classes last night and I took Sasha with me. After we got home (around 9:30pm), I was feeding Sasha supper and Josie kinda backed up and peed on the doggie bed which is about three feet from where Sasha was eating. I had tried to give Josie a little bit of food when I fed Sasha - so she wouldn't feel left out - but she didn't seem interested in it so I picked it up (by the way, Lynn told me she did eat supper while we were at class so hopefully she's learning that food only comes 2x a day). Lynn assured me that Josie had been outside less than 1/2 -hour ago so I have no idea why she peed like that. It wasn't like she wanted food too because she had just turned a bowl of it down. Well, you have to expect a couple of accidents here and there until she get the routine down pat. Speaking of peeing, she does mark when she's outside. She marked Sasha's pee (which Sasha wasn't too happy about) and she marked George's pee (which confused the heck out of him. That's HIS job!). She's kind of a tomboy, I guess you could say.

She only tried to get on the bed once last night. I told her "Off!" and she laid down on the big chair and went to sleep. She's a smart cookie! She tried to get on the bed this morning but this time Sasha decided to tell her "Off!" Josie jumped down right away.

Everybody ate breakfast, did their thing outside and while Josie wasn't too happy about going in her crate, once Lynn had a hold of her collar, she walked right in there and waited for her peanut-butter bowling pin.

So far, so good!

No comments: